Well, somehow we bid “official” farewell to Summer 2019 on Monday! Not sure where the last 6 weeks went, but it definitely saw a hiatus from my business as much as possible and a refocus of my time on my family (and some much needed personal life “catch-up”).
So I’ll start by updating you up on all things Summer 2019 in the Smith family household. You can keep scrolling for all things #goals after this catch-up.
In July we celebrated both of our Country’s birthdays:
We attended one of my favourite annual events: Sunnies & Strollers!
The Chicago Botanic Garden Events Team hosts all the mommy wedding/event planners to a lovely brunch and this time – the kids are invited too!
Thank you Kristina for inviting us yet again!
We had a couple of visits to Lake Michigan
When you live by the lake, you best take advantage in the warmer months… that said we also love the pool over at Old Willow Club!
I threw my sister a Hudson’s Bay themed bridal shower in rural Ontario (Canada)
As always we had many Summer weekend mornings as a family at our favourite place: The Chicago Botanic Garden
One of the biggest highlights of the Summer was our late August trip to Mexico at the fabulous Grand Palladium Costa Mujeres Resort & Spa
(the connecting property TRS Coral Bay is part of my husband’s hotel collection – Leading Hotels of the World – but is adults only so we stayed at their amazing Family Select building).
Here are a few highlights from the trip:
We bid farewell to Summer vacation up in Williams Bay
Next up let’s review what goals I did in fact achieve in July & August and (well seeing as we’re more than half-way through September) what I’ve set for the next 6-weeks.
For more information on how & why I set goals, and what I set for 2019 read this post.
- Water – keep up the 74oz/day – check
- Go for at least 5 runs this month (or workouts) – I got to 4!
- Use my Start Today Journal daily – I’d put this at about 50% – didn’t stick with it long enough to form the habit. Coming back for Fall!
- Meal Plan & Prepare for snacks (healthier eating!) – Will give this one a check (when we were home)
- Plan my sister’s bridal shower – check
- Edit & Polish all Templates and Email Templates in Dubsado for font and brand cohesion
- Start the blog – check – but then let it lag in August (whoops)!
- Attend 3-networking events – check (if you count the whole Summer)
- Template & reach out to other NS businesses for the blog – moving to the Fall
- Finish the BP at Home Course
- Complete all YTD Monthly P&L details (and log mileage)
- Update the Household Spending Plan
ON THE CALENDAR/MAKE MEMORIES
- Canada Day Photo with the kids – check!
- Our Fourth of July Fireworks Party – check!
- Pool Days – check!
- Strollers & Sunnies Event at the Chicago Botanic Garden – check!
- Zoo Day – check!
Things that were on our calendar for August:
- Visit with my sister and her fiance – check!
- More pool days! – check!
- Throw my sister’s bridal shower in Canada – check!
- Air & Water Show – we got there but it got delayed due to rain so we left (SO SAD)
- Trip to Mexico – CHECK!
Read: (Finish) Essentialism – check, The Passenger – nope, The Pumpkin Plan – started!
September & October GOALS
I’m going to present this more in the format of how I fill out my Powersheets this time around.
Monthly Goals September/October
- Plant Fall crop of lettuces and peas.
- Turn over the last of the information on the Nursery School Benefit
- Paint interior mulleins of all of our windows
- Get our driveway sealed
- Execute my 2 Fall weddings with intention and pride
- Finish Art of Efficiency Course fully
- Template & reach out to other NS businesses for the blog (moved from the Summer)
- Finish Business “Polish” (workflows, update website,
- Attend 3 networking events
- Stick to Personal & Professional budgets each month
- Prepare well for Blueprint Summit (coming up in November)
- Balance out August and complete mileage
Weekly Goals September/October
- Family Matchey Matchey Pizza Movie Nights on Friday every week possible
- Blog 1 time each week
- Instagram 3 times minimum each week (this is really an app I struggle with … it really doesn’t bring me joy especially when I am active on it – as you may have noticed I really quit posting over the Summer.
- Stay on track with the final Blueprint Model group
- Weekly Money dates!
I am going to be participating in Rachel Hollis’ Last 90 Days challenge again this year. Every day I will be completing the following:
Want to join in – sign up here and let me know and we can hold each other accountable: https://thehollisco.com/pages/last-90-days
ON THE CALENDAR/MAKE MEMORIES
- Long Weekend in Williams Bay – (already check)!
- Attend my Sister’s wedding in Canada – (already check)!
- First Day of School – (already check)!
- Celebrate our 9(!) year anniversary
- Our nursery school’s Family Pizza Night
- Ladies Night (Sushi & Downton Abbey Movie night with my girlfriends)
- Winnetka’s Fall Family Festival
- Survive 22 days of solo parenting
- Go to train museum before it closes for the Fall
- Pick Pumpkins/Fall Decor
- Go to the Fort Building Event
- Kiddo Birthday Party Invitations
- Host & Celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving
- Winnetka’s Police & Fire Department Open House (an annual fav)
- Night of 1000 Jack-o-lanterns at the Chicago Botanic Garden
- Halloween/Trick-or-Treating (and related events: party at school and ice skating event)
Please feel free to comment or email me with your favourite Summer memory or if you have any Fall goals you want to share!